So I’m ethnically South Asian but I was born and raised in the UK and would say I embrace Islam and my South Asian culture, and my British culture, relatively equally. I just graduated uni and looking back I wonder if that would have been a good place to maybe start looking at a guy I could have married because I’d ideally like a South Asian guy who is similar to me in terms of being close to Islam and their SA culture while also having western ideals when it comes to equality, freedom and education for women (so I can have my own career, etc) and also fun stuff like western pop culture, etc. My university had an Islamic society and individual societies for countries but I never went to any of their events so didn’t get to know anyone lol. I’m only 22 so I’m not looking to actually get married just yet, but I’m thinking it would be nice to have a guy that I could be talking to within the next couple of years, with the intention of marriage. My family isn’t really close to any families with sons my age so I’m just wondering how some of you went about finding a spouse? Thank you :)

submitted by /u/starfish6482
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2TIoNel
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours