Hope you're all well. I recently had a light-bulb moment and wanted thoughts/opinions. Growing up, my parents always emphasized reading the Quran. Specifically, reading it in Arabic. My younger self didn't question this and for some reason I thought this was the only way to do it. My older self now is questioning why was it like that? I'm not fluent in reading Arabic and don't understand it at all. When I read the Quran in Arabic, I didn't know what anything meant. I realized that when I read the transliteration, I actually understand what I'm reading and I even remember the verses later. Is there a reason most kids are taught to read it in Arabic, even if they don't fully understand what they're reading. Is it Sunnah or simply to preserve the language? I have no qualms with it but Imo, actually understanding what I'm reading has brought me closer to my faith. Please, lmk what you guys think!

submitted by /u/mama-m1a
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3cFU7D2
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours