Salaam all.

So, I recently had a baby and he’s been in the nicu for the last 5 weeks. Because he’s in there, I’ve been exclusively pumping, as I cannot breastfeed. Alhamdulilah I produce a TON of breastmilk, double the amount of what my baby consumes in a day. I’ve started to freeze it, but honestly I don’t think my baby is going to consume it all. I was wondering about donating it.

I know that in Islam, two babies who drink from the same breast are considered siblings and cannot marry. Is that the only factor when sharing breastmilk? I figured I’d donate it to a boy baby, just to make it easier. There’s a program in my area that sets milk donors up with families requesting breastmilk. Just wanted to get some more detailed information on it, if anyone knows anything. Can’t find much online other than “they will be siblings and cannot marry”. Also, I do not live in a Muslim country so the milk will most likely be going to a non-Muslim family. Is that okay?

submitted by /u/calicupcakelovin
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3bbsQrl
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours