Salam wa alaykum! 26F, USA, recent convert since late March this year. I still haven't told my parents, and it's something I'm dreading to be honest. I shared my conversion with one close friend so far, but I asked her to keep it a secret until I'm ready. There's a lot of misinformation about Islam in the US, so I expect to be bombarded with questions, many which I may not know the answers to being such a recent convert. I think I have a solid grasp on the spirit of the religion, but the finer details will undoubtedly take some time to fill in.

On another note, I'm really unsure where to turn to join the Muslim community. I've made a couple online friends in other countries via reddit. I also recently found out a girl I know converted some time ago, but she lives on the other side of the country from me. I feel a bit isolated here, especially with everything locked down due to covid-19. I keep reading that the most important thing for new converts is to join the Muslim community, but I just don't know where to begin. In my heart, I feel like part of the Muslim family, but it's a struggle to make that connection outwardly.

submitted by /u/RumRia
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2MjAxQJ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours