Hello all!

In the last year I've moved into a new house and right around the corner from me is a local mosque. It came across my mind the other day that while I've had many muslim friends I've never actually experienced an Islamic worship service (and don't even know if there is an expected time/day of the week for one like in Christianity or Judaism). So, I was thinking about going and checking it out, and was wondering if there are any sort of blanket-statement rules and customs I should follow while there (such as any clothing requirements, decorum, rituals Ill be expected to follow as an attendee, etc.). I'm a tall white dude and will be a new face at a small mosque so ill probably stand out and don't want to accidentally do anything that would come off as being flippant or arrogant.

EDIT: I live in the United States, incase there tend to be any big differences from country to country. I know there are different sects of Islam so my overall question may be like asking a Mormon how to act in a Catholic mass, but unfortunately I do not know the specific sect the mosque by my house associates with.

submitted by /u/Bilbrath
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2SMvuv4
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours