Hi. I am not a member of your faith. I do have several friends who practice Islam, though.

That being said, I haven’t gained the courage to ask them this question.. which is why I’m here. My question is:

Those who seem to a little bit more conservative minded in their politics sometimes seem to view the core teachings of Islam to be dangerous to the Western World. That Islam condones violence in certain circumstances. That Islam is very anti-women/anti-gay rights. That there are some Islamic dominate countries that will kill gays. That Islam is willing to use violence to convert others, or punish those who leave the faith.. etc.

Where do these perspectives come from? Is there any truth to them? Where can I go to study up on these topics in regard to your faith?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with me.

submitted by /u/HTC1830
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/34PGkVn
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours