I really do want to return because I feel this void in my heart, but at the same time I keep doubting.

I believe in God, I just didn't believe in Abrahamic religions because I felt that they were manmade to control people.

I can't understand why Islam was written in Arabic and given to Arabs alone, I still can't understand why things like circumcision are good if science has said it is OK to keep your foreskin as it has nerve endings (and it doesn't make sense that God wouldn't allow you to get tattoos yet you can alter your body permanently for something he's created you with), it also doesn't make sense why Islam only appeared 1,400 years ago yet humanity has existed for millions of years, or the whole Mohammad and Aisha discussion about him marrying an underage girl.

I am not here to start a fight. I wish I could tell you all how badly I want to return to Islam, but there are many unanswered questions that I need an answer to, please.

I still believe in God regardless because a universe so beautiful and detailed couldn't have come by accident in my opinion, but at the same time the existence of a creator has never really bothered me lately as I think that even if there was one then he wouldn't judge us simply because we're animals with extremely primitive senses, and he has created us with such minds.

I don't know, but please do help me. I'm not here to talk shit or start fights, or go post on r/exmuslim

Regardless of what happens, I will still be grateful for my attempt

submitted by /u/insidiousallusions
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/316Qw9X
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours