I know Islam is trashed on by many people, but I just want to focus on reddit atm. It really frustrates me because they refuse to listen. You get downvoted into oblivion for trying to explain the religion to them. I’m tired of their uneducated beliefs about Islam. They think they know what they’re saying, but they don’t.

I watched that gif that was trending of the Hijabi soccer player being covered by the opposite team so she could fix her hijab and the comments were just outrageous. They were comparing apples to oranges. I don’t get why it is so hard to understand the difference between culture and religion. I come from a very secular Muslim country where the hijab is a choice and you wouldn’t get punished AT ALL for deciding not to wear it, but they refuse to notice these instances. I was never forced into a hijab EVER. I was given the choice if I wanted to go to mosque. I could wear what I want (within reason). Obviously growing up i was urged to be religious, but i would never get punished for it if I decided against something. Sigh.

submitted by /u/itsnotjoeybadass
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2W7yYJI
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours