So I am an Egyptian Muslim, and lately I have noticed the more I interact with people the more I have that same thought

So I discovered a while ago that my friend has turned agnostic, and this isn't the first time someone I know did. We aren't really taught much about religion anymore to be firm believers unlike in the past.

On the other hand, even many of those who are "religious" and "firm believers" don't even pray which is the second pillar of Islam. Like pretty much most people I know irl can't actually hold a proper argument against an atheist and don't really bother with anything other than jumaa prayer and fasting in ramadan. They literally don't care about the other rulings other than strictly forbidden things as zina and drinking. And even then, there are many "muslims" who actually drink and commit zina but I'm talking about the average person here.

The way I see it is when those people have kids, these kids will barely know anything about Islam and then their grandchildren will probably know nothing about it. Also as people know less about it they are more likely to convert into atheist when it's easier to make an argument as an atheist because it doesn't require much research.

And even I am not the firmest believer and I do have my doubts, but I still pray and slowly research some of my arguments.

I'm at a point where I'm afraid of having kids in the future because of that when I think about it...

Maybe my view is just one sided and I'm not seeing the full picture? Just felt like sharing my thoughts...

Edit: Another point I feel like adding is the fact that whenever I'm outside and I go to a mosque to catch a prayer or during iqama there's barely anyone there. Even sometimes when I try inviting my "muslim" friends to pray with me they keep making excuses to leave. I even tried pulling one of them in jokingly and he still refused...

submitted by /u/Moh_Magdy
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2nyMk4r
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours