Hi everyone,

TL;DR at the bottom.

Before anyone jumps on it, yes I’m an ex-Muslim. So why post here? Because I’m asking for the Muslim perspective on this, as I am one as far as my parents are aware. Also, because they’re Muslims, even if you hate me or wish for my death or whatever else, at least stick around and advise me for their benefit, if you have anything helpful to say you’re welcome to say it.

My partner and I (F/M, young 20’s) both are closeted ex-Muslims and childless by choice. Parents so far don’t have any inclination that we’re anything but good Muslim children, and for their sakes we want to keep it that way as much as possible. We both anticipate our parents getting impatient about when we will have children, at least after a couple of years into marriage. Especially with Asian parents, I’m sure many of you can imagine how nosy they can be in all this.

Having said that, what would be the best method to address this issue once it inevitably arises? I don’t know how we would disclose our no-kids decision without making it obvious that we are not Muslims? As that disclosure would involve both a rejection of our duties and Allah’s way, and/or using haram birth control. I know in an ideal world they wouldn’t be that nosy anyway, but the world is not ideal and we don’t want to hurt parents regardless.

So are there any Islamic arguments we can put forward to support our decision to be childless, without letting it show that we are not religious in the slightest? Otherwise, just perhaps based on your own experiences, what’s a good way to manage this?

Thanks and jazamumullah khair!

TL;DR: partner and I are closeted ex-Moose and don’t want kids. What’s the best way to deal with this in the parents context through Islamicly acceptable arguments alone, without letting it show that we are no longer followers of the faith? Thanks.

submitted by /u/_Eripor
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/339CZAC
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours