Background: I'm a lapsed Muslim who's slowly trying to come back to Islam.

At the moment my income is very much haram (I work in a shop which sells alcohol products and pork). However I feel deeply unhappy about this and want to seek out employment which is more halal. Issues of religious suitability aside, I've been looking for another job in any case because I want full time work.

However it seems that in my town, halal employment is virtually impossible to find. I know I cannot make an income from alcohol, pork, interest or gambling, which rules out a good chunk of the biggest employers like supermarkets (which all sell pork and alcohol as well as cigarettes) and also a good chunk of the retail/service jobs here (such as in the local banks), and my entire background is in service/retail.

So this makes me wonder what I'm supposed to do to get a halal income? It seems that in a western country at least, it's semi-impossible to find such work. Even in places I've lived in where there's been large Muslim communities outside of being self-employed or working for an exclusively Muslim business (such as a restaurant or something like food/clothing shop), it's very difficult.

submitted by /u/rabmfan
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2FN90mT
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours