I live in America and it is very hard to find halal options without going full vegetarian. Even the vegan food you find is unknowingly prepared with animal fat. Mcdonalds was a cheap option for me but now knowing it is prepared with beef fat is it haram to eat it? Alot of my muslim friends do not eat halal and just avoid pork. They just say bismilah and they think it magically turns halal but I know this is not right.

But if you think about it everything that is not a muslim restaurant is not halal since they prepare other foods that is not halal in the kitchen. The chinese restaurant you order a shrimp fried rice may have cooked it with the wok they cooked the pork fried rice. Five guys fries cook their fries with peanut oil but also uses the fryer to cook their bacon. This mexican restaurant owned locally has halal beef in their menu which many of my muslim brothers go to but it is boid since they also have pork in the menu. Any pizza place you order a cheese pizza cuts their pizza with the same pizza cutter that they use pepperoni pizza. With all of these examples even if you replace the pork with unhalal beef is it still haram eating in the restaurant?

How do I go about this? Will it be against me if I decided to eat not halal and just avoid pork like the many muslims I know living in America?

submitted by /u/Ih8Otakus
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://bit.ly/2WL0gpb
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours