I learned Arabic, then stopped for about a year. Fusha only, mostly for Quran and religious classes.

My comprehension survived pretty well, but speaking didn't. I understand way more than I can say, and I freeze when I have to talk without preparing. I also still translate from French in my head, which slows everything down.

So I'm curious what worked for people here who came back after a gap. Anything that got you producing Arabic again and not just recognizing it?

I see Anki and Arabic Khasu on YouTube recommended all the time, and honestly they seem like solid picks for vocab and structure. I also know an app called Takalam, which I think is really useful for actually understanding Arabic. It has structured lessons and stories where you can apply what you’ve learned, so you get a lot of reading and listening practice. It’s more focused on comprehension than speaking though, so it probably wouldn’t solve the freezing part by itself.

What would you try first?

submitted by /u/Unlikely-Amount238
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/qK9CkXf
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours