Hii I work in a senior home and have a resident who only speaks Farsi and is Muslim but I try to be as supportive and friendly with her as I can because of the lack of Muslims or Farsi speakers at my job.

My resident is 104 years old and she is the sweetest woman I have ever met and I want her to feel included and comfortable with us. Aside from learning a little bit of Farsi phrases to communicate her needs I want to surprise her with some snacks from one of the shops in my city, I plan to bring her some flat bread because she loves bread, she is always asking for “noon” and all I have to offer is regular American sandwich bread. However I often see the Muslims in my community purchase the flat bread.

If there are any popular snack recommendations that are “cultural” or just popular in her country I could find in a market I would love to bring her some. She is from Iran, she spent most of her life there before coming the the US a few years ago and since then she was diagnosed with dementia, I want to help her feel close to home in these days.

I do as much as I can for her, I have learned to put on her headscarf for her in the way she likes, make sure she doesn’t get pork with meals and support her as much as I can. I would just like to surprise her with some snacks we don’t have at the home when I go back for my next shift.

Please feel free to correct me if I have made a mistake or offended someone. All love from me to the reader.

submitted by /u/cheyy066
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/PNktHvo
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours