Before becoming more religous, i had some creative hobbies. The crearive outlets i've had, i've had to leave them, since nearly all of them seem to have some level of haram. I was getting experienced in making music, and also getting into making games and, later, character designs. I've really wanted to make games for some reason. To tell a story, design the environments, the chsracters, the entire experience, interests me.
Though these ambitions are difficult to fulfill whilst respecting Islams boundaries. I've tried, and i just feel kind of lost regarding how much difference of opinion there is. For example, some scholars say removing all facial features is fine, some say remove the head completely, and some say don't even make silhouettes. If i must, i can avoid working with characters, stories etc. but i don't know what to replace it with. Although i can work with inanimate, environment art instead of with characters, sound design instead of music, it would be nice to be able to build something more based off it and really flesh it out. But making games, animations, even if there is a moral lesson to be learned, just feels too risky for the akhirah. Even if its meant for children, it feels risky.
I don't even know why i have these ambitions. I wish i could get rid of them, but at the same time, it's something i have a passion for. Some people say if you have a desire in your heart, its from God, but with how hard this is to do within Islams boundaries, i feel puzzled to go forward with it. I just wish i, with 100% certainty, knew what to do. I don't want a hobby to affect my hereafter.
If anyone has similar stories, it would be helpful if you could share them. Thanks in advance.
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/B3PYguR
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours