Struggling to Strengthen My Family’s Iman

Hey everyone,

I’m really struggling with something and could use some advice. My family and I are all Muslims, but the level of faith, the iman, is extremely weak in my household. It’s like we’re all on different wavelengths when it comes to actually living by Islamic principles.

For instance, my dad is religious in his own way, but it’s frustrating because he doesn’t really talk about Islam, and sometimes he’s a bit hypocritical in his actions. My brother, on the other hand, doesn’t even try to live as a Muslim. He swears a lot, and so do others in the family. They’re involved in bid’ah, and they do and say things that are haram. Even when they joke, it’s often in ways that feel haram to me.

My mom is someone who prays five times a day, so she’s committed in that sense, but when I try to talk to her about Islamic beliefs, it just confuses me even more. I ask her simple questions about faith, like about Jesus (عليه السلام), and her answers are all over the place. When I try to correct or guide her, she just dismisses me, saying she’s older and knows better.

It’s hard because I’m not in control of the house, and I see things that go against what I believe is right, but I feel helpless. The only religious people I can really relate to are my two siblings in America, but until they’re back, I’m stuck here trying to navigate this alone.

This house feels like it’s filled with influences that aren’t good—like Shaytan or Iblis could be at play. I really, really want my family, especially my mom, to be guided more strongly in Islam. May Allah guide us all. But I’m lost on how to keep trying without pushing them further away. How do I stay patient and keep my own faith strong when I’m surrounded by this?

Any advice or solidarity from those who’ve been in similar situations would really help. Thanks for listening.

submitted by /u/No-Professional-5855
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/1QpvhxE
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours