I’m a revert and I have a Christian friend group (we’ve been friends before I accepted Islam Alhamdulillah) My friends are devote Christian and it’s obvious they have many misconceptions about Islam, so when I told them I reverted needless to say that they were shocked but they still accepted me. My friend asked me a question about Islam and showed me a few verses out of context, “kill the disbelievers” and I explained to her how this is taken out of context and she should read the full Surah to understand. She said that growing up she always thought that Muslims were allowed to kill people and then she said that “my religion isn’t as aggressive as she thought”. This bothered me a little, I know at the end of the day I cant change everyone’s mindset but sometimes it bothers me that some people will look at me and think violence or terrorism. I am Assyrian from Iraq, my whole community has a negative mindset upon Islam including my parents. I love Islam and it makes me want to cry thinking about the mockery against Allah SWT and the Quran. I try to ignore it and reason it with “at the end of the day I’m in the right”, but I want everyone to realize what Islam truly is.

submitted by /u/Haunting-Split3477
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/XldEgia
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours