Hello! I am working on a uni project related to community relations between religious groups and public and private services like community events and workplace gatherings. Coming from a Christian background and living in the US, I've been trying to grasp the intricacies of Islam and several other local religious communities in my area but I've been struggling to understand the can and cannots. I've reached out to a local Mosque and have received limited correspondence but in the interim I've been researching to limited success. It seems like alcohol and pork are forbidden but it's unclear to me if that means anything that was made with those, for example. Does medicine count? Would a public vaccination campaign need to disclose alcohol in a solution or use an alternative disinfectant?
I understand that prayers occur multiple times a day but some sources say 5, some say 3, and some list more than that. Are these all required? If an event happened and one of these prayers came up, would it be delayed or skipped?
I have been trying to read the Quran for guidance on some of these but I have not made it very far through the text. Is there specific chapters (Surahs?) that detail these elements?
What are Hadith? I tried to reference these but some seem contradictory and I don't understand how to fit into the larger picture. Are these like sermons and sort of advice or are they binding?

I apologize if any of my language is offensive or inaccurate. Any insight would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/anl000
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/zbLVfjc
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours