Hello (this is a throwaway account but i will read your comments), for some background i’m 16m, recently converted to islam. My parents are Orthodox Greek (51m) and Irish Catholic (49 F) and I’m scared to tell them i’m muslim. Starting off with my dad he is a very traditional Greek man, and his parents where both born in cyprus which makes him first generation Cypriot-American. The main issue here is Greece and Turkeys relationship, my dad isn’t really too fond of turkey to say the least and if he finds out i follow islam he might attack me for it. Along with that my mom and dad are deeply conservative so they don’t view muslims very well. I have memories as young as 6 where i herd them make comments when they see a women in a hijab, some of the stuff they say is so bad I don’t feel comfortable sharing that. My mom is your average trump supporter though and labels most muslims as terrorists cause of 9/11. I’m scared what they would think if they found out i was muslim and it gets to a point where i cant even prey sometimes cause they might discover me in the act and punish me for it. if anyone has advice please give it to me cause i just want my family to accept me.

submitted by /u/Throwawaypfcz
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/ctkO0hn
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours