My parents are psychologically abusing me and I want to cut off ties with them once I leave this home. I know that it is a sin to cut off ties with any relative, but I just can’t handle it anymore, I feel like my mental health is deteriorating. My mom is a narcissist and doesn’t care about my well being, my dad has anger issues and still drinks alcohol after work, even after being told not to a bunch of times by his sister and my mom. I say that my mom doesn’t truly care about me because today I was making an iced coffee. I was about to bring it to my room but then my mon stopped me and said, "Don't bring drinks into your room," so I went back to the kitchen to drink it. Then she goes on saying, "You keep drinking cold drinks! I never see you drinking warm drinks, don’t you know that always drinking ice cold drinks is bad for you?"And then she says, "If something happens to you, we’re going to have to pay so much money!" You would think the least of her worries is the money, but nope.

Both my mom and dad have comments to make whenever I’m doing anything. My mom won’t even let me cook when I’m home alone because she’s afraid I’ll burn the house down. Mind you, I’m 22. Whenever I’m about to cook something when my dad is around, he’ll say, "What are you going to do?" "You’re going to make a mess, and maybe you’re not going to clean it up?" When, in fact, I do clean up after myself, maybe there’ll be times when I forget to do something, but I’m only human. And if I do forget, they’ll just yell at me. It’s like I can’t even do anything in this house without being criticized or commented on. I’m not a perfect daughter, but I always mind my own business, and I don’t do drugs or drink alcohol, yet they treat me like I’m the worst daughter ever.

I am a revert, and my parents are both Christians. They also don’t know that I reverted to Islam, and I don’t have any plans on telling them anytime soon. I honestly don’t know what to do. Is it okay to cut off ties with them if I truly believe that it’s just too much? There’s more that they have said and done, but I don’t want to get into that and then this post would just be too long. My parents are also immigrants, my mom speaks English fairly well, but communicating will still be hard considering she has a different mindset, plus she’s a narcissist. I also truly believe my mom has some unresolved issues because of her late father that is why she’s like this, but she should also be aware of her actions and words especially since she has two kids. My dads sister even suggested that she seeks a psychiatrist or a therapist but my dad knows she would refuse and it’s really expensive.

I’m just waiting for my husband's visa to get approved, and then we can finally move in together because he currently lives in Morocco. I just can’t wait to leave this home, but I also don’t want to keep in touch with my parents in the future.

submitted by /u/Temporary_Seesaw_126
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/XrmksJa
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours