Guy I didnt know asked for my hand in marriage months ago. My parents said yes because they liked the guy and his family. I was willing to get to know him since everyone said he was a really good guy had good grades and had a stable job abroad in Canada. We started chatting after gaining my parents approval. Not gonna lie, I liked how mature he was and how genuinely sincere he was to get to know me. Days after, their family requested to have our engagement and the wedding as soon as possible preferably in the SAME DAY. They want us to get married sooner so the guy can go back to his job abroad and so I can go live with him there asap. My parents rejected this because they felt it was too rushed since its only been a week since we first met but still agreed to our engagement. I got mad knowing this since I barely know the guy and Im supposed to live with him soon in a foreign country?? I didnt get why their family was rushing things when its usually the bride’s side who decides on the wedding date in our culture. On the day of our engagement, I ghosted the guy. He still texted me consistently asking how my day went even if I dont reply until he too stopped texting after a few days.

A few weeks go by and he texts again this time I replied after a few days, then him replying also after a few days. We picked up were we left off until all of a sudden he ghosts me. I thought he was just busy or worse case scenario, he was getting even because I did ghosted him a few weeks back. He eventually replied after a week as if nothing happened. I did not respond until he texted again. This time I thought everything was going well. We continued exchanging messages well until he ghosts me again. This time, I thought maybe he was not interested in me anymore. I can see him active on social media but he cant respond to my text. I decided I would also stop texting him even if it means our engagement will be called off.

After a few weeks, he replied to my last chat and initiated another convo. I did not reply. After a week, he texts again this time apologizing for not being able to text consistently. Still no reply from me. Lol after a a week, another text. Then another. Still no reply from me.

My aunt then told me that his aunt was asking why I was not texting him back lol he must have told his relatives that I was the problem since I was not texting him back. My mom then forced me to apologize to him thru text. He did replied but after almost a week lol. Again, he was active on his social media the whole time.

What should I do now. I like the guy but i think he’s not interested anymore. I also think he’s playing games with me or he’s testing me to reject him soon so he can move on to another girl he can marry. It hurts but should I call off our engagement now for my peace of mind? I dont want to lose him yet though. Im still hoping we can save this.

submitted by /u/skelliii
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/QZtjMmb
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours