Hi everyone, I’m a 30 (F) single revert who came to Islam last year through my ex boyfriend who brought me to the faith. It’s been a couple of months since we’ve broke up and I’ve been struggling to move on and one thing that’s holding me down is the faith itself where it’s my emotional crutch.

TLDR; we broke up because there was too many external issues as my ex is a divorcee with two kids and has a high conflict ex wife who would try various ways to sabotage the relationship (ironic when she was the one who cheated on my ex) and in turn it spilt onto the children as well which is really heartbreaking because the kids are innocent and I actually loved them like my own even though they were not mine.

Furthermore, to make things even more complicated my parents also flipped out when they heard I was together with my ex because of the religion and his status where my mother even threatened to make a scene at my workplace for this relationship.

They are also staunch Christians and this relationship destroyed my relationship with my parents entirely when I tried to defend my ex and Islam because my parents would say awful and derogatory things about the Islamic faith which made me really upset.

I know I shouldn’t question Allah but sometimes wonder why did He put me on this path where he put someone I loved so dearly into my life where we were actually working towards marriage and having our own family, only for Him to remove my ex partner out of my life and also like the faith itself where I’m born to Christian parents makes it even harder. While I’m thankful that He has brought me closer to him, I’m also in a lot of pain and hurt because it is an isolating journey.

And despite all these that has happened, where both me and my ex partner suffered so much trials to the point both of us had trauma, I ask myself why I still have so much love and care towards him and his kids even if we are not together.

If anyone’s wondering, yes I still am a Muslim even though we aren’t together anymore and have decided to stick with it because I feel it is the only and right way to the one true God.

Would appreciate words of advice or encouragement on this situation. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Pleasant_Ad7563
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/hs7lyd1
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours