I recently went through a mental breakdown, I suffer from psychotic delusions and in the process of one of my episodes I committed the crime of reckless driving. I was driving around 110 miles an hour on a 45 MPH road. I did this every day for about 2 weeks. I didn't get caught, went on medications, and am stable now. I am not sure how to go about repenting for this. I violated the rights and trust of society when it comes to their saftey and security. I was lucky nothing happened, but I don't know how to restore their rights. I went to the police and admitted to what I did, knowing full well that a criminal record like this will ruin my career. They chose not to arrest me for some reason. I paid a large sum of money in Zakat, hoping that this will count as 'blood money.' I don't know what else to do. I am extremely concerned about the Hadith that described the one who goes bankrupt on the day of judgement even though he fulfilled all the pillars of Islam and went to hell. Is my Zakat not enough? Do I need to quit my job and leave the community as if I actually got a record and no one hired me after that? Can I pray to Allah for forgiveness even though the people involved in my crime (society) have to forgive me too? Can Allah forgive me on their behalf?

I am worried that my extra prayers and Tawbah are not enough to make up for this. Someone could have died.

submitted by /u/amrua
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/j78EvGZ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours