I grew up a Muslim in the United States. My mother was a convert to the religion. Growing up I was heavily involved in the religion. However my mother and father got divorced and slowly I started getting blocked out of the religion. My mother was slowly white washing my sister and I. I stayed a part of the faith but it was getting more and more distant. I still tasted during Ramadan, but I was hardly ever praying and since my mother was white, we didn’t speak Arabic in the house making it harder and harder. My father tried but with my mother having majority custody, it was hard. I am trying to get back in touch with my faith. I want to be a good muslim and need guidance but I don’t want to talk to my dad about it. I know he is the best resource but it brings a feeling of shame out of me for allowing myself to get lost. I want to learn how to be a Muslim again. I want to know what I need to learn, where I can learn it, I need to be taught like I know nothing of the religion because of how much of it has been lost to me. I want to become a better son and a better Muslim.

submitted by /u/Wisck_N
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/01IbJdA
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours