It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: It was said:

“O Messenger of Allaah, So and so has died, and has found relief.”

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) got angry and said:

“Only the one who is forgiven finds relief.”

Of course when I was feeling depressed, I would still want a way to get out of all of this. Then I was reminded of a hadith that I would practice when it felt like nothing mattered anymore. Our beloved prophet SAW said:

“No one of you should wish for death because of some harm that has befallen him, but if he must do that then let him say:

‘O Allaah, keep me alive so long as life is good for me, and cause me to die when death is good for me (Allahumma ahyini ma kanatil hayatu khayran li, wa tawaffani ma kanatil wafatu khayran li).’

Allah SWT have answered many of my du'as previously, the biggest was giving me guidance towards Islam, there are also times when He has given me even though I didn't ask for it & only thought of it, then He surely will also answer such an important du'a.

If I'm still alive, that means there is still good in it. For me & for people around me, for this world & the hereafter, even though I don't feel like it when going through it. We all feel that way when we're in that depressive state.

I've found that when we grow older & our trials gets harder, it is only through increasing our prayers & dhikr that would make our burdens lighter. It becomes clearer that it is the source of our strength.

We become wiser, we understand the wisdom behind Islamic teachings, we treasure salah, Quran, dhikr, du'a & other aspects of Islam more.

Don't give up my dear brothers & sisters. Just like when after we sin we repent, take your time to rest & then stand back up. May Allah SWT give us the best of rewards beyond His forgiveness & mercy.

submitted by /u/wsssixteen
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/c0DXzig
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours