This subreddit gets a lot of these types of posts so I'll try to keep it brief

I'm currently in my first year of college and I've been wanting to believe in and convert to Islam for the past year. I attend the Muslim Student Association here and I've made many good friends my age. I was raised without religion and never went to church like other American families in the area, but I found interest in Islam after doing my own research online and speaking with people from Egypt, Pakistan, Palestine, etc.

If there is a God (which I believe there probably is), I also think that Islam easily make the most sense in the way it teaches Muslims to live their lives and how Jesus was really a created person separate from who God is.

I would like to sincerely say the Shahada and to really feel like I am ready to become a Muslim, but there are a few points I just cannot get good answers to no matter who I ask (I hope this doesn't offend);

  1. Did the Prophet (pbuh) and Aisha (pbuh) really consummate their marriage when she was just nine years of age? I understand that some people mature quicker, especially back then, but I just could not imagine someone that young being prepared for that. Was Bukhari somehow wrong about her age, or am I just not understanding something crucial?

  2. If I felt that Islam wasn't for me, and left Islam, would Muslims be obligated to try and kill me for apostasy? This fear alone is enough to make me no want to revert, because I am a very anxious person.

  3. Do all Christians go to Hell no matter what? Some Muslims I ask tell me yes and other say that there are exceptions. I just don't see how it is fair that some people go to Hell because they were born into and immersed in a religion/culture that hasn't accepted Islam.

Thank you for reading this far, and please lend me any advice that you have! Salam!

submitted by /u/SocialBonding
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/N1K6rfU
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours