Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well!

So, I’ve been thinking about wearing the hijab for a little over a year now but I can’t seem to commit. I’ve also been putting sort of scarves on my head for a while now (but not all the time) to get used to it and see how it goes.

I’ve honestly been liking the feeling of having something covering my ahead and all because I felt more like a Muslim and just more protected in general. However, there are two roadblocks keeping me from fully committing.

First of all, no one in my close family wears the hijab, so it’ll really be a big leap for me (only a few of my friends do). They’ll most likely be talking about me a lot with other people and amongst themselves and I really don’t like that. I know this because when I first started wearing the scarf and talking about it to some family members, I got a few comments from people I’ve never talked to about this and mixed reactions overall. I felt a bit betrayed because I told them in confidence and now more people know which makes me a bit more scared to do it.

Second of all, I’ll be going to college soon In Shaa Allah and I’ve been thinking of just doing it there or during next Ramadan when I’ll already be settled there In Shaa Allah. The problem is that I won’t be in a majority Muslim country anymore and I don’t know what will happen if I do it there.

Does anyone have some advice they can give me to help me with my decision?

PS: I’ve already started wearing more modest clothing like long sleeves, long pants, and overall clothing that isn’t tight or revealing and I’m pretty proud of that accomplishment 😊

submitted by /u/random_mak
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/PclogYu
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours