First off, I'm no way a "good Muslim". I struggle heavily but I wholeheartedly want to become a good Muslimah, and I wholeheartedly believe in the truth. There was this fashion modeling opportunity for one of the biggest fashion magazines in the world that I rejected recently. Weirdly enough, when I first came to know it, I legit thought about doing it. For a few seconds I thought of doing it but then eventually I regained my senses and I thought how It would be against the lifestyle that Islam has chosen for me, how I'd have to do things that I cannot even think about and how I'd feel uncomfortable at times.

Maybe sisters here would be able to understand it better. How in this age, beauty standards have been raised so high that they are unachievable and that we all feel insecure about our appearance at times.

I just hope that whatever path I choose in the future and whatever decisions I make, it is in accordance with lifestyle that Allah has chosen for us, the one that Prophet Muhammed practiced as an example for us. Ameen.

PS: Please do not DM me if you're a boy.

submitted by /u/PossessionStandard42
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/exlb5aw
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours