Hello everyone,

I am new to Islam and would like to hear other people's opinions on my head covering situation.

I feel unsafe wearing a hijab because I come from a very strict Christian household, but I still want to be respectful to Allah. I listened to Mufti Menk speak about respecting the wishes of your parents even if they are not Muslim because Allah chose me to have these parents for a reason, but I also want to live according to the rules of Islam as much as I can. I also do not have a prayer mat, so when I am in private and pray I lay down a blanket. I know this sounds dorky, and I hope it's not disrespectful, but I will also cover my head with a regular sheet while praying because I do not have access to any head coverings and feel as though I need to use whatever I can out of respect. I am trying the absolute best I can and using the internet to my advantage, but I want to know if what I'm doing to practice is permissible, even though I cannot cover my head in public or own a prayer mat or head coverings.

Any advice would be amazing, and I appreciate you all for you input.

submitted by /u/sosoposting
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/UbIE1Tf
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours