Hello! I hope I'm not intruding. If I am, feel free to let me know and I can remove this post or Mods can remove this posts. I mean nothing but respect. I am not a Muslim, but I'm going to be working in area that has a high Muslim population in the future. I'm a counseling student. I have a project where I am to engage with a population which is not within my cultural knowledge, and engage with people who are of this culture. In order to learn about individuals experiences with Islam, how it impacts your life in a spiritual/physical way, and what you would like non Muslims to know through this space. I understand that there is no monolith amongst Muslims, and thus I am interested to hear from anyone who would be willing to talk to me.

Questions I'd love to have answered include

-Are there any other pertinent identities you would like me to know about?

-How does your identity as a Muslim impact your daily life?

-Have you ever experienced persecution? How has it effected you?

-How do you view other Muslims? What about other groups? In this context, I'm specifically talking about how safe you feel, how openly you're willing to talk to them, etc.

-What do you wish non Muslims knew about your faith?

-If you were to go into a counseling situation, what would you like a counselor to know about your faith? What would you expect them to understand?

-Anything else you find pertinent or important.

Again, I know I'm in a space that is not specifically for me, but I am currently not in an area where I am able to find a lot of discussion on these topics. I also understand that this is taking time away from you, and appreciate any feedback you give. If you're only comfortable with answering a question or two that's also great. I mean nothing but utmost respect, and wish to learn more, so I apologize if anything comes across as ignorant or crossing a line in the ground here. If appropriate, I would also like to spend some time (not commenting) on this subreddit to learn what I can. I appreciate your time in reading and, if possible, responding.

submitted by /u/Waste-Ad9286
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/A1We8wf
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours