Salam brothers and sisters.

I have somewhat recently learnt about some.. er.. 'not so nice' behavior that was committed by a very close family member. I will not get too much into detail and I wi be keeping out any personal information for privacy.

This person has already discussed about the sins with their friend, but our parents are completely in the dark about the reality of this situation.

For privacy reasons, I will refer to this person as FM (family member). Before I begin, FM is single and unmarried.

Here is some context below:

It started many months ago, with FM sneaking away from home one night. I actually didn't notice this until the day after, when I woke up. FM's door was locked too. I knocked and called and got no answer.

It was only in the afternoon that I realised that FM was not home at all, because the front door got unlocked and opened at that time.

Maybe it was a work emergency I thought, so I said nothing about it then. This continues every week on that same day and time for 3 weeks in a row until I finally asked.

At first, FM tried to outright evade my question. Something felt wrong so I asked again, as I was slightly concerned by this. Once again, FM just avoided my question and tried to change the subject.

That same day, FM person takes a nap around evening. Later on, FM was on a phone call with their friend. I overheard FM talking to their friend about how someone treated FM with certain acts of adultery, as I walked past that room and into mine (the door was closed, but it was possible to hear FM talking at the time).

This has been going on for at least 2 years now, and our parents still do not know that this has been going on.

They have very delicate hearts and I do not want to be the one to break it.

FM didn't pick up their phone one night and our parents called me instead. Parents asked about FM and at that moment, I had to make a split decision... and I lied because I didn't want to hurt them.

Now I realise it may have actually been easier to tell them the truth early on. I don't know what to do now. I feel like it has developed this far because of me now.

FM and I are living alone and FM pays for the rent and bills, so I fear that there might also be consequences from FM's side to me.

I've tried to seek knowledge on this and even read up about the only permissible conditions to lie, and yet I feel suffocated by holding onto this; I don't want to be the reason to make FM suffer greatly (may get disowned or punished severely), nor do I want to be the one to bring such bad news to upset our parents (possible depression).

It is a very difficult decision and I do not know what to do. I have a somewhat strong heart and it even disheartens me to imagine how it will feel for our parents to find out about FM's behavior.

It has been 2 years and it is still ongoing. I wanted FM themselves to understand and become a better person but it doesn't seem like it will end.

I would appreciate it if any of you could enlighten me on this matter. I am still young and wish to learn more, Inshallah.

submitted by /u/throwaway_acc938
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/rPsFi2W
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours