As-salamu alaykum, I am a new revert that is looking for advice. I was in a relationship with a Muslim girl before I took shahada. I recently took shahada and told the girl that I need 6 months to learn more about the religion/focus on my deen and explained to her that a haram relationship is not going to work while I am doing that.

I told her that I plan to be a good practicing Muslim (inshallah) by the time the 6 months is over and also told her that I would not be able to meet her mahram and take the next step until she is also practicing (she has said to me multiple times that she plans to start praying but shows no sign that she will), I say that because if I am practicing I don’t see myself being with somebody who is not.

She waited a long time for me to become Muslim and says that it is unfair for me to say that even though I said I will wait for her because I don’t see myself being with anyone else.

Is what I’m saying wrong? What advice would you recommend?

submitted by /u/Bubbly_Stop_9041
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/q5TdAF3
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours