As-Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

There is an argument made by Brother Sharif of Thought Adventure Podcast, that states that not having a logical understanding of why you believe what you believe, can leave room for misguidance.

I can understand the argument, because not being to logically understand, can leave room for a faulty understanding, that can lead to unIslamic beliefs.

I'm not arguing about whether x or y is bid'ah, just looking at how some people can fall into misguidance, because they simply take everything at face value, without understanding it.

For me personally, I find it easy to logically understand most things, because my main source of understanding a subject, comes from Islamqa.info, who do, Masha Allah, give evidence and reasoning.

However I'm also comfortable accepting that something things we will never be able to understand logically. What I mean by this, is that we can make an assumption based upon logic, but it will always be an assumption that we cannot prove.

For example, why did Allah SWT create dinosaurs?

I accept that I will unlikely, every be able to logically understand why, but that's ok; my Aqeedah, my Eemaan and my Aakhirah, do not depend on understanding it.

I guess then that I believe it depends on the circumstances. We will never have complete knowledge or understanding, that belongs to Allah SWT alone.

I'd be interested to know what others think, without it falling into an argument about issues, such as, x is bid'ah.

Jazaak Allahu Khayrun.

Wassalam.

submitted by /u/WookieEatsHobbit
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/eONP0Ut
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours