Asalamualaikum,

I am a social worker and work with people who have disabilities. Recently, I started working with a guy who grew up in a Jewish family. He has cerebral palsy (is very intelligent mashallah but has issues with walking) and I go on-campus to work with him as he is a grad student and lives in dorm. I am aware that Allah will treat people with mental disabilities a little differently on day of judgement.

His fascination with my spirituality started when I told him that I only eat kosher (and halal) meat. He thought that was very interesting and asked me more about Islam. He was impressed and said “wow, this sounds very similar to Judaism”. I also told him that I will have to excuse myself to the prayer room for about half hour so that I can pray (dhur & asr). Since then, he reminds me almost every time I visit him that “don’t forget to pray”. On Thursday, he requested for me to take him to take him to the masjid but I am scared his mom will get mad at me. She seems friendly but I have a feeling she doesn’t like Muslims.

Should I educate him more about Islam ? He seems very interested about Islam and always ask me questions about it. Or should I stop because I’m scared his mom will ask me to stop working with him?

submitted by /u/Early_Roll_7928
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/SxmMcDL
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours