16(M) my family is Shia but I am a Sunni Alhamdulillah, I still love my family but they keep saying that Sunnis are X and Y basically negative and that Iman Hussain and Ali did this and they fought this battle etc

They have told me that I am disallowed to pray and follow the Madhab of my choice and if it's not theres then I cannot follow Islam, I wish my parents would understand

One thing that I don't understand is my family don't pray telling me that it's not necessary and my father always talks in a negative manner about Islam and the ummah, so there worries about the way I follow doesn't make much sense to me

I love my Deen but the opinions of my parents have only made it harder but insha'Allah all goes well, I don't want my parents especially my mother to be displeased with me, how can I ever face my Lord while having displeased my mother and lied to her face about this

Just a bit confused here and wanted to know if any older brother/sister has any words of advice on the matter that can help me here, after I marry etc which will be years it will be much easier but cutting Ties with my family is a big NO

submitted by /u/Valuable-Ad-7183
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/BDTAEad
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours