Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I'm (M) asking this question because I'm at a point in my life, in this age range, where I'm in a position to marry, but am finding difficulty finding a sister to marry. I'm currently in school in the west, not earning, but on a career track (medicine) that will pay well iA and have family to support me and my potential spouse during the short period that I'm not earning. I recently went through heartbreak when a girl I fell in love with rejected my interest. I've tried to grow closer to Allah during this time with prayer, Isthikara, and dhikr, but it feels like so many parts of my life are falling apart. I've briefly tried a few avenues for arranged marriage, primarily groupchats, and they either end with aunties/uncles ghosting or with a rishta that's not suited to what I'm looking for/not attractive to me. It has impacted my self-esteem greatly and makes me feel as though the future on this front looks bleak. My parents have made no real efforts or plans to marry me or my siblings off, and I'm now feeling the weight of finding a rishta while going through an incredibly difficult time with the responsibilities of school.

The younger brothers/sisters I go to school with, on the other hand, and those I see on social media, seem to have a much easier time. I keep hearing about them getting married left/right. I don't know if this is a sample bias or just the toxicity of social media in general, but it has led to me feeling like I've waited too long to get married. I initially held onto the notion that my vocation would help in finding someone in the age range I'm looking for, but I'm now worried that my plans were naive or misguided. Any advice from brothers here would be greatly appreciated. Jazak'Allah khair.

submitted by /u/schneepu
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/BpqS27F
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours