I hope this is allowed here, as I’m not sure where else would be the best place to ask.

I’m an EMT, and there is a fairly large Muslim population in our area and a lot of women who wear hijabs. From my understanding, they are worn to protect modesty, and that women will only take them off in the presence of other women or their husband. I’m a woman, but have male coworkers. In a medical emergency, would it be a violation to remove a hijab in front of my male coworkers to render aid if it was necessary? Like to check for possible head/neck trauma or place a C-collar to stabilize the neck if cervical trauma was possible? I hope to never find myself in a situation where I would need to know, but in case I do, I don’t want to disrespect anyone.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Disastrous_Reality_4
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/tvL80CB
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours