So I saw on Tiktok that you can’t change your last name (as a woman) to your husband’s after marriage.

Somewhere in the comments it said that every child should have their father’s name. Even the adopted ones should have their biological father’s names.

Now my youngest daughter was a surprise and her biological father wanted me to get an abortion, never spoke to me during my pregnancy (i was fine with that), didn’t legally acknowledge her as his child (which I’m also fine with) so she has my last name. Is this not allowed? She can’t have his last name if he doesn’t state on paper that she’s his. Plus I don’t want that since he wanted to break off the pregnancy and doesn’t care about her at all.

What if I remarry and her stepfather becomes the only fatherfigure in her life. Can she take his name eventually? Is that allowed?

submitted by /u/aileen1993
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/rtcv2uA
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours