This isn’t a treatise on why the hijab shouldn’t be a fashion statement don’t worry lol

In my humble opinion, the hijab and niqab are garments that should be worn out of a love of Allah SWT. Not for the love of any human being, or the pressure of any human being

Because honestly no matter how hard we try to pretend, it is infact hard to be a hijabi/niqabi. The social ostracism, the othering, the constant whisperings of shaitaan, and the fact that it is difficult in the heat

And very few human beings are capable of unconditional love. Parents definitely aren’t, that’s a myth. In my life I have always found that falling short of perfection means people love you less. Very few people are genuinely capable of letting things go and not letting it affect love. Aside from myself, I don’t know any, and even in myself I have my limits

My parents forced me to wear the hijab as a child and because of that as an adult despite wanting to, it took me much longer to accept the fact that I yearned to, I really really wanted to, because I viewed it as the same abuse and violation of my bodily autonomy. It took me a long time to accept that this was something I wanted for myself and something I loved, and something I wanted to do, not to please my parents, but to please Allah SWT because I love him

So when you do it for the love of flawed people, and you face the difficulties you face with the hijab, it chips away at your love slowly but surely, because you know that if there is no perfection there is no love

In our societies people are often told to not look at religion while marrying because after marriage she will do it to please her husband or if she’s the more religious one she will fix him. But I know some grown people like that and I have noted two things in their marriages

A) there is often bitterness about all the things they had to give up and change about themselves

B) their children are not religious because one of the parents is not

But Allah SWT loves you regardless of how imperfect you are. With your constant sinning and your constant flaws. He loves you. The one who has seen you at your absolute worst, he forgives you nonetheless. So when you do it for him, there is no bitterness. Even when I have trouble breathing in a humid room due to my niqab I don’t feel the slightest bit of resentment because I do it for the love of Allah SWT. Even when it’s hot and I think I might be getting heat exhaustion I do not feel any resentment because I do it for the love of Allah SWT

So like, when you do it with the wrong niyah, you lose the ajr because he whose migration is for a woman, their migration is for a woman, and you lose the love eventually as well

submitted by /u/GulELala
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/OYgXKsy
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours