I’m an ex-Christian, who started identifying as an atheist at the age of 18. Once my faith in Christianity began to fail, and was certain I no-longer believed the teachings of the church, I saw atheism as the only rational alternative. I live in a small, mostly white community where people are either Christian or secular. I’ve only ever met one Muslim in my life who was a Saudi immigrant who went to my high school. I am now almost 24, and have been researching Islam, and watching a lot of Dawah channels on YouTube (shaykh Uthman, Ali Dawah, and others). All this info has opened up a new world to me, and really is making me question my atheism. When I was a Christian, young earth creationism, the concept of the trinity, and the un-reliability of the Bible as a historical text caused my faith to crumble. But there are no such issues I can find in Islam. The Quran doesn’t make any unscientific claims about the origin of the earth, and instead contains many scientific facts that weren’t confirmed until centuries later. There is no claim of a Trinity, and the Quran is accurate to the day it was put to text. I find this all very convincing, and want to learn more, but I’m worried if I decide to accept Islam, I will be alone, and have no one to guide me since there is no Muslim community where I live.

Is there a way to learn more about Islam, convert, and practice in a way that doesn’t leave me feeling isolated in my community?

submitted by /u/natsirtss
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/vZDPyzH
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours