Assalamualaikum. So this is my second ever question here. My father has a very bad temper. Think stereotypical, old-fashioned father figure...that! Also, communication isn't his best skill. He doesn't talk much. But to his credit he never ever hit my mom, and he's always been there, and I'm forever thankful to him. However, things often escalate very quickly with him, especially with me & my brother. One slightly accidental raise in voice, and he burst. We're very used to it though. All of us acquired a talent to quickly de-escalate the situation. Although very rarely, thanks to us, sometimes it comes to a point where he challenged me & my brother to a fist fight. I know he's my father and all, but...you know. All these years, not even once, have I ever took him up on his challenge. But it happened again recently, and it's hard to not feel very weak & less of a man when I'm always the one who stop things from further escalating. I'd appreciate if anyone with a similar situation can share how do you deal with it? Thank you very much.

submitted by /u/HSPeresah
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/bzTiR4N
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours