I work in tech (salaried), throughout the day I take breaks (sometimes prolonged ones e.g. 30-45+ mins). I try my best to cover them later in the evening/night and finish my work or do something work related if I do not have any work (course/training). Other times I do not "cover" those hours.

Despite taking these "breaks", I do complete my work for the sprint/week, get good performance reviews. But this feeling of guilt where I'm e.g. browsing on reddit, or wasting time doing other stuff/games etc. makes me feel like my income is haram for not doing work or work-related stuff in those 7.5-8 work hours. My brain thinks that I could be e.g. look for ways to innovate, study for a cert, look for any technical debt etc. after I've completed my assigned work, but in reality, often times I don't. Could someone advise from an Islamic perspective please? Thanks

submitted by /u/bored_reddit0r
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/ytEQeKk
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours