Salam Alaykum

I'd first like to ask you to please not be judgmental with me, i am really trying my best to become a better person.

I am a 20F, and recently the idea of wearing hijab seriously came to my mind for the first time, i mean i've always thought that i'll end up wearing it sooner or later but for the first time i feel like i want to do it, but there's a lot of things going into my mind,

One thing to know is that i don't consider myself religious enough right now, i do basics like praying fasting doing great things etc... but its still far from being good enough, for example i rarely wake up to fajr, and i rarely read quran etc... sometimes i just feel like i don't have enough faith in islam, i think its probably from the fact that i don't read a lot about it, i mean, yes i do know a lot about islam, but i feel like i want to get more in depth of why we do all of this, i don't know if you'll get my point, but im just trying to say that if i ever do something for Allah, i want to clearly know why im doing it (i'd actually really appreciate any book or youtube channel or podcast you could suggest to deal with this please)

and right now, i really can't seem to know if the idea of wearing hijab is just something crossing my mind and something i feel like i want to do just to please others and stop feeling judged every time i go out (dont get me wrong !! even if i don't wear hijab i always make sure to wear large things that cover my body) but you know how arab society works... i am just really scared of wearing it and regretting it later, i already know that its a fard and Allah asked us to do it, but i feel like i should really make my iman stronger before moving to this, cause as i said before, i know i have a lot to fix from a religious side, i just want that if i ever wear hijab, i'll be 100% convinced about it and no situation could push me to think of removing it. One other thing to know is that i could be moving to study in a non muslim country in the next years, that's why i'm constantly scared of the idea of getting into a situation where i might change my mind about hijab.

I want your opinion about all of this, do you think that wearing hijab could be a good first step to do great ? or should i get more involved in different religion sides ? i would really appreciate all of your help and advice, May Allah bless you all !

submitted by /u/bluebluedark
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/0yRsewU
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours