I'm a new muslim. My non-muslim roommate earns money through non-halal means by working as a cashier at an alcohol shop and he earns more money and seems to have more happiness than me. Every time I suggest him that we buy something together which is necessary for our house like a mop, he won't contribute because he likes to be super stingy with his money. It's his way of telling me that when he doesn't spend money his superiority over me increases as the gap between my wealth and his wealth increases through him saving money. I live like a normal person, eat normal food. He will live like an ant. He will scrape as much as he can just so that he can have a few more dollars to show off over me. He subtly discusses his wealth with me occasionally.

I volunteer on the weekends at a food bank and I donate 1% of my income to charity (I know it's supposed to be 2.5% and I will increase Inshallah). I also try my best to help all people around me but Allah swt never blesses me like he blesses him. He has a girlfriend and friends he can talk to all day. I am lonely in both regards.

How do I get over this? When I live so close to him and have to face him everyday, it feels like a saw is being run through my heart every day

submitted by /u/Music638392027
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/Ca3lqsT
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours