Salam alaykum. I'm a convert to Islam (or revert I guess lol) and I thought I'd share my story. I do not have religious parents, neither of them are Catholic however for my mother decided to get me baptised to be able to attend a Catholic school where she believed the education was better. So I learned much about God and numerous prophets in my upbringing especially in primary school years. I renounced Catholicism after reading some books and articles written by American Protestants and later renounced Christianity altogether because I couldn't agree with the idea of Christ peace be upon him being divine. I used to pray twice a day once in he morning and once after eating dinner by reading some Pslams in English. When I was 19 after nearly a year of research and then a trip to Turkey I became Muslim. I knew some basics of Islam because I learned it when I was a youth but I didn't properly look in depth until I was older. I started off following the Hanafi mazab but then later I became a Shia. I have met many different Muslims from different mazabs and sects mostly Hanafis and Salafis and of course Twelver Shia. I'm grateful to be a Muslim and it has unlocked a lot of self development for me that I know I wouldn't have engaged in had I not become Muslim, I have changed in ways I did not think were possible and my personality has become very positive as a result, I am looking forward to continuously improving and becoming even better inshallah.

submitted by /u/OkAir8544
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/yP5m9Zg
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours