If this is a stupid question please forgive me. I’ve recently had surgery and am struggling with a few things as I’m not allowed to lift anything heavier than 2kg/5lbs, and it means that some simple tasks are not possible for me.

I am a raised Catholic and there is a church in my area but I mainly pray at home so I don’t know anyone in it, and I am not very sure if they’d help me anyways as it’s quite an older congregation.

There is also a masjid near me. I visited it during Ramadan when they did a cross-community Iftar and the people there were so nice. It struck me as half a place of worship and the other half a community centre.

For various reasons I don’t wish to convert to Islam but I have a lot of respect for Muslims. I also have a good Muslim friend but she lives on the complete other side of town and I don’t want to ask her to come over here.

Anyhow, would it be completely insane for me to call the masjid to ask if anyone could help me? It’s mainly just to move one or two things in my house, something that would take me five minutes normally.

I have family but they’re in another country and my cousins live over an hour away.

I’d appreciate honesty, so please don’t feel the need to tell me what I want to hear if this is not something that is done.

submitted by /u/Emotional-Elk-2014
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/wyEeVzd
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours