Assalamualaikum. I just want to start by saying that I don't consider myself some esteemed Muttaqi. As a muslim, I do the bare minimum and try to protect my Emaan as much as possible.

Anyways, a day ago, a relative of mine who returned from Hajj was sharing videos and photos. He was showing me the exquisite architecture and design of Masjid Al Haram and Masjid e Nabawi. Although I appreciate how beautiful it all was, it made quite uneasy. Excessive ornamentation, golden pillars and huge chandeliers all over the place. Under all the gigantic domes, majestic arches, beautiful chandeliers and golden grills and gates rests the Noble Prophet who chose to live a life of humility over luxury. A man who spent a significant part of his life hungry and poor. A man of unmatched resilience, character, simplicity and modestly. Peace be upon him.

I find it ironic that the Prophet's own mosque is apparently quite the opposite of his noble lifestyle. I don't dislike it in the least. It just makes me uneasy to see so much ornamentation in a place of worship and devotion.

I have prayed in a lot of different mosques varying in sizes and grandeor. The most peaceful I've felt is in the one inside slums of in native place. A tiny masjid with tattered prayer rugs, room so small it could only accommodate 3 people in a row with 2 rows, excluding the imam.

This is not supposed to be rant, but rather a reflection on the current state of Masjid-e-Nabawi. Again, I do not dislike it in the slightest. It's just a voice inside me that say it shouldn't be like this. Am I wrong to think this way? Should I reach out to someone who can help me change my perspective? Feedback and critiques are welcome.

submitted by /u/ObligationBetter3033
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/ji5Pxdr
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours