While I was born Muslim, I was born into a Bosnian family who did not practice Islam as prescribed (like most Bosnians due to the culture) during childhood I went to mosque every weekend and didn’t eat pork but that was about it. I was 23 when I myself turned to Allah. I am 26 now. I pray five times a day. I still won’t wear hijab and feel guilty about that. I don’t party, drink or commit zina anymore. I try to keep a distance between myself and bad influences. But I guess I feel lonely. When I interact with other Bosnians they make me feel like I am practicing Islam to an extreme, I’m over doing it. My American friends too, make me feel like I am overdoing it, as I was trying to explain why I don’t felt comfortable going to the pool and wearing a bathing suit. And they could not understand why that was a sin. Nor can they understand that why it’s a big deal now as it never was in the past. I just want to have Muslim friends who understand me. I want good influences around me. But why are they so hard to find? I feel like the majority of Muslims in the west follow Islam through a culture lens. Was just talking to a Muslim from Afghanistan and could not relate to them either. I feel so alone

submitted by /u/Maleficent-Travel-94
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/n4I8oNz
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours