Hi all! & assalamualaikum!

At birth, my parents chose not to make me follow their faith with the goal of allowing me to grow up and decide for myself based on my own life experiences/ preferences/goals. I’m so thankful for this. And had it not been for this, I don’t think I would have ever found Islam (at least not with the same interest as I currently do).

That being said, I was introduced to Islam through close family who sought to open my eye to the religion, in an educational way rather than a “force it down your throat” approach.

Luckily, I have found that Islam aligns with my values. However, I have two hesitsations:

1) (as I mentioned before) I have never committed myself to any religion before, so I am a bit afraid of making this leap of faith & feeling “trapped” in the sense that I constantly must be striving for perfection. Could anyone shed light on this?

2) I have done much research on Islam both by talking to friends, watching YouTube videos, reading books (including parts of the Qur’an). But In no way do I know everything ab Islam. I’m afraid that my shahada will not be legitimate without a better grasp of the religion. Any advice?

Also, some questions:

1) what is the proper way for shahada? Must I do so with an Imam? May it be by myself, or can it be with a Muslim friend or family member?

2) how has Islam (especially for those who have converted) impacted your life for the better? On a daily basis.

Thank you I’m advance!

submitted by /u/True_Plan
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/atYQe1A
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours