And I couldn’t be happier about it!

I remember completing it for the first time when I was maybe 12 or 13, and then again the next two or three years or so. But I stopped doing it for years, because I had become lazy in my religious practice, for a number of reasons.

However, these past six months, I’ve been trying to become a better muslim and not be satisfied with myself for the bare minimum. Yes praying five times a day is good, but it is what a muslim should do. I wanted to do so much more than “just” pray.

I integrated the Quran in my daily life, at the start forcing myself to read a page then two, and now I don’t force myself, I genuinely enjoy reading it.

Dhikr also helped me tremendously, and my friend who always pushed me to attend Islamic lectures at the mosque. I even started wearing my hijab properly, even though it is still my biggest jihad. Stopped listening to music so much and replaced it with audiobooks, podcasts and of course Quran.

So yeah, this completed reading feels like I’m back on track, as I was as a teen when religion meant so much more to me than worldly matters. I needed to talk about it somewhere and I didn’t want to risk falling into boasting and ostentation if I talked about it with people who know me.

Pray for me sisters that I keep bettering myself, with my Hijab, practice, good manners, as I am far from perfect and still hit rockbottom from time to time.

JazakumuLlahu khayran!

submitted by /u/lostfox99
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/NFJievg
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours